The conveniences of modern technology has encouraged us to lead sedentary and stressful lifestyles. People no longer walk but ride even short distances or spend more time sitting in a couch than enjoying the outdoors. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), overweight and obesity are primary risk factors for heart diseases, diabetes, cancer and other chronic diseases. The prevalence of these conditions have permeated the modern world primarily because of the unhealthy lifestyle that we are now used to. But then again, we need to mend our ways if we wish to live longer healthy lives. The popular reality TV show The Biggest Loser has shown us that getting fit should be everyone’s goal and the concept of an adult weight loss camp gained wide acceptance. If you are reading this and wanting to lose weight, here are some articles I have gathered for you.
Weight Loss Tips
- Make a plan – If you want to lose weight, you need to make a plan for it.
- Watch sports – When you watch people playing sports, whether you are going to do it by visiting stadiums or simply watching them on television, you would see how fit the athletes are.
- Maintain proper posture – When you stand or sit down properly, you would not just ensure that you would be able to practice proper breathing techniques. It would also help you look thinner, aside from the fact that it can develop the core muscles of your body.
- Make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more weight – One of the things that can provide you the motivation to lose weight is to make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more.
- Get yourself a pet dog – When you go and visit the park, take a look around you, and you will see people with their pets. One of the things that you can observe is that, most pet owners are not fat.
- Warm up before starting your workout routine – Warming up prior to starting your workout routine would give you lots of benefits. Aside from preventing certain injuries, it can also ensure that your muscles are loosened up properly.
- Motivate yourself – Without the right motivation, you may not be able to reach your weight loss goals.
- Inform your friends and family of your plans – Prior to taking the steps in losing weight, it is best to inform your friends and family about it.
- Dream about losing weight – Before you sleep at nights, you should dream about what you would look like when you lose weight.
- Take a picture of yourself prior to taking the initial steps in losing weight – One of the best ways to monitor your progress is to take a picture of yourself just before you start. click here for original article
I totally agree to making a weight loss plan. And more importantly, the plan should be not simply for losing weight but for a total healthy lifestyle.
Quick Weight Loss Tips
- Consume about 5-6 meals per day. 5-6 small portions are pretty enough each day.
- Reduce your daily consumption of high-density carbohydrates. Some examples of HD carbohydrates are rice, pasta, cereals and even bread.
- Have a portion of protein with every meal. Consuming some protein about every 2-3 hours each day ensures your body has a constant supply of amino acids.
- Perform at least 30 minutes of cardiorespiratory (aerobic) exercise twice a day. Of course you could feel exhausted after this, but you should be sure that it would be helpful.
- Don’t eat or drink anything (except water) for 20-30 minutes after every exercise session each day. This will ensure that your body will keep burning fat just after your exercise action. original source
Oz’s Five Weight Loss Tips for Women Over 40
- Get your hormones checked and rechecked. Things like thyroid levels can bounce around like a ping pong ball during perimenopause, which can last for years.
- Learn to balance your hormones. Diet and lifestyle can take you far, but if you need help to make the transition into the second half of your life, then get help.
- Keep track of what foods annoy, and be aware of overdoing by combining things. (Alcohol and cake, prescriptions and fried food).
- Sleep and relaxation are mandatory, not optional. If you want your hormones to stay in control, you have to make your rest a priority.
- When in doubt, flush it out. Don’t be afraid to take a few days to alter your diet and routine dramatically when things are slowly going downhill. Too often you end have a up dragging for weeks before you realy crash. read original article here
Women over 40 have a tougher challenge ahead. Understanding our body mechanism can help us maximize our weight loss efforts.
I love these articles especially the second one. The tips are easy and its telling there is no more excuse to not following it. The video is also inspiring. I am one of those who truly encouraged when somebody is able to it amid obstacles. Now I realize why boot camp training has become so popular among those who want a healthy weight loss program.
Thanks to på håret varberg